Romanian's monasteries - Neamț Monastery

 Neamț Monastery

In general, when I go somewhere to visit new places, I have clear goals and I can't stand when someone imposes their ideas. That's why I don't like to travel with a lot of people and here I mean those people who don't have the same goals as me. After visiting the Bicaz Dam, the wire broke and they asked to return home. It seemed absurd to me to travel so many hundreds of miles, just to see the dam. When I thought it was a day of failure, I saw a sign to the Neamț Monastery, this radically changed my perspective on that day.

A trip to Neamț County offers us the opportunity to visit some of its famous monasteries, many of them being historical monuments. In fact, Neamț Monastery was the first monastery I visited in 2020, in Neamț County.

It was planned to visit the Neamț Monastery since 2019, but it was not to posible. We had the chance to passed through the area, we could not miss the opportunity to cross the threshold of the oldest and most important monastic building in Neamț.

We were returning home on the Bicaz Dam - Târgu Neamț route, being the shortest way home. We stopped in the parking lot arranged in front of the bell tower. The monastery with the two churches, the museum and the old cells are located inside the old fortress. After 1990, the area of ​​the monastery increased considerably. On the outer facade of the bell tower you can see the large biblical scene, "The Ascension of the Lord."

 Neamț Monastery

Neamț Monastery

Neamț Monastery

Neamț Monastery

Inside the monastery there is also the church of Sfântul Gheorghe, incorporated in the cell walls on the east side. Initially, it was located on the site of the old church built by Petru I Mușat. The current church dedicated to the Ascension of the Lord is the foundation of Stephen the Great.

 After passing the bell tower of tower, we reached the inner courtyard, which has a square shape. I could not overlook the stone church, which is the foundation of Stephen the Great and, on the east side is crowded between the cells, St. George's Church. Another thing that caught my attention was a white tombstone that reads: “In this place, on May 24, 1986, the bones of a pious man pleasing to God, whose relics are in the holy place, were wonderfully discovered. church. ”Later, I learned that the casket with the holy relics of the pious unknown monk is in the narthex of the church, on the right side.

At the exit of the bell tower, the museum is on the right. Unfortunately, due to restrictions, the museum was closed, so we could not enter the museum. Also there is the Theological Seminary "Veniamin Costache" Another building that caught my attention was the circular aghiazmatar in front of the monastery, where the water is consecrated.

 Neamț Monastery

  If you think you have nothing to do there because the monastery is of a different faith than yours, you are wrong. First of all, it is a historical monument visited by millions of people around the world.


You can take a maximum of 500 characters from this article, the condition is to specify and visibly insert the link of the article. 

Comments

Lakes