Romania's famous monasteries - Soveja Hermitage

Soveja Hermitage

I told you yesterday that in my travels in the mountain areas in particular and that also I arrived in the area with the most ozonated air in Europe.

Well, we got there too, but before we got there our first stop was at the Soveja Monastery, a gem hidden in the mountains. 

 Soveja Hermitage

 The old Soveja Monastery, currently the Soveja Hermitage is one of the oldest monasteries in Vrancea County dating from 1645. It was founded by the ruler Matei Basarab for the reconciliation with Vasile Lupu. In his turn, Vasile Lupu built the Stelea Church, in Târgoviște. The monastery was expanded, the monks taking care of arable land received through donations that ensure the living of those there. In 1846, the Pasoptist revolutionary Alecu Russo was exiled, the one who discovered the ballad Miorița. The locals say about the Soveja Monastery that it was considered a cursed place. In the years 1802 1940 and 1977, it was severely affected by earthquakes, from that time, then it was demolished.

 

Soveja Hermitage

Soveja Hermitage

 The current Soveja Hermitage was built in 2001 as a nunnery, the church being dedicated to the Holy Emperors Constantine and Helen. The new place was not "forgiven" by the fires either. In 2012 it was completely rebuilt after a devastating fire.

  What can I tell you? I visited a place where I was charged with positive energy, a corner of heaven surrounded by mountains, located about 6 km from Soveja Resort. From the entrance I was impressed by the monastic complex, which simply leaves you speechless, my eyes spinning in all directions. Also there you can find the most beautiful flowers that you can admire, sitting on the bench or sheltering in the many gazebos that are part of the monastery complex. Inside the church are the Relics of a Saint from Israel, to my shame I don't know which Saint. Honestly, I would like to come back here, because I felt a very strong emotional and spiritual load.

Soveja Hermitage

Soveja Hermitage

Soveja Hermitage

Soveja Hermitage

 If you want to get to Soveja Resort to fill your lungs with the purest air, it's a shame not to stop at the Soveja Hermitage to admire the place.

 You can take a maximum of 500 characters from this article, the condition is to specify and visibly insert the link of the article.

Comments

Lakes