Romania's famous seafronts - Galați Seafront

After visiting the mountain areas, it was time to change something in my day trips escap and the change came with a visit to the Danube city, Galați.

We enter the city, we walk through the most important areas. The first stop was at Galati station where we left the car and started walking around the city. Walking I came to the conclusion that this city is very little promoted although it has a great potential to be promoted, because it is known for the Danube Seafront, the Natural Science Museum Complex, churches, etc. 

 Then we parked the car on the Great Union Boulevard and started walking on the Seafront of the Danube. The seafront is one of the most important tourist objects in Galați. From what I've seen, it's a recreational area. I really liked the ships transformed into cafes and restaurants, the crowd of people relaxing with the children playing, a place through life. When I was taking pictures of him, a young man told me that the seafront is 4 km long, parallel to the course of the Danube and is the longest seafront in Europe.

Old Yacht Freedom

Galați Seafront

Galați Seafront

Galați Seafront

Galați Seafront

Galați Seafront

What impressed me on the seafront is the history of the yacht Libertatea which was transformed into a reataurant. The yacht considered the symbol of Galați, two decades ago, belonged to the Royal House.

 I found out that initially the yacht was called "Nahlin", then after the communists came to power two new name changes followed, the ship being initially called "East", and then "Freedom".
The ship was docked and turned into a floating restaurant.

In 1990 the ship became wrecked. After 2000 the yacht Freedom was bought by an English tycoon at a reduced price and then restored. It is now a luxury yacht sailing the waters of the world. It is sad that the goldsmiths in Romania did not do this. The ship was registered under the British flag, with the first name, "Nahlin" and is sailing again on the seas and oceans of the world.

 

Freedom

yacht Freedom

yacht Freedom

yacht Freedom

yacht Freedom

yacht Freedom

 When I left the seafrost, two churches caught my eye. From one of them I remember perfectly that I visited her 12 years ago, through a pilgrimage, but I did not remember her name. This is the fortified Mother Church Precista, on the upper cliff. The other is the Church of St. German and Casian, also on the Upper Seafront. Because I didn't know their names, so I asked a friend who lives in Galați for help.

 Church Mother Precista

Church of St. German and Casian

 What do you say? Isn't it a city worth visiting?

 


  You can take a maximum of 500 characters from this article, the condition is to specify and visibly insert the link of the article.

 

Comments

Lakes