Romania's famous dams - Bicaz Dam

 

Bicaz Dam

I had planned the night before where and when it be the first escape from 2020. Together with my family and some acquaintances I said that it would be very interesting to visit the Bicaz Dam and maybe we will take a boat ride. Well I am eternally unhappy, I want to visit more places at the same day.

The next day we left early in the morning. When we arrived in Piatra Neamț we got lost a bit, but we finally found the way to the dam. I couldn't believe how beautiful it is there. I quickly took out the phone and I take pictures and I filmed too. I wanted to capture everything.

  Bicaz Dam connects Gicovanu Mountain and Obcina Horștei. The dam was built between 1950 and 1960 to supplies the 210 MW hydropower plant built during the communist regime. 

The dam with a canopy height of 127 m is the third highest, it is 119 meters wide at the base, a canopy length of 435 meters. Is built of concrete and connects Mount Gicovanu with Obcina Horștei, being located upstream of the confluence of the Mountain Spring stream with Bistrița.

Bicaz Dam

Bicaz Dam

Bicaz Dam

The Lake Mountain Spring

 The Mountain Spring Lake (also known as Bicaz Lake) is an accumulation lake located on the middle course of the Bistrița River in Romania. Here, between 1950 and 1960, a dam was built that supplies the 210 MW hydroelectric plant built during the communist regime. You may not know it, but Bicaz is the hardest dam on the rivers. There are many things to do: hiking, mini-yachts, boat or pedal boat. This lake is also known as “the accumulation lake from Bicaz. The Mountain Spring Lake was born as a result of the construction of the Bicaz hydropower dam.

About the lake I can tell you that it is the largest artificial lake in the country, length 35km, width between 200-2000m, maximum depth 97m, dam height 127m, perimeter 71km, the largest weight dam on rivers overtaken only by the Iron Gates.

 The accumulation lake has an area of ​​about 33 square km and a volume of 1.25 billion cubic meters. The water from the accumulation lake, through the supply pipe, supplies the turbines of the Stejaru power plant, with an installed capacity of 210 MW, at the inauguration (1960) being the largest hydropower plant in Romania

The landscapes near the lake are extraordinary and from there you can go on Mount Ceahlau to Red Lake or in Bicaz Gorges, which I said the other day.

he Lake Mountain Spring
he Lake Mountain Spring
he Lake Mountain Spring

I managed to capture the beauty to the lake from "inside". If you're wondering how from the inside, I mean I filmed the lake when I took a boat ride. The Mountain Spring Lake and Bicaz Dam are the most beautiful bridge between Moldova and Transylvania.

It is a beautiful place worth visiting. What do you say, dare you? I know that now is the time of restrictions, but they will not be endless.




You can take a maximum of 500 characters from this article, the condition is to specify and visibly insert the link of the article.


 

 




Comments

Lakes